How can I use my AS/400 to send mail?
- The first thing you have to do, is to make sure that
your AS/400 is configured to handle mail.
- Have a check through
TCP/IP Configuration Guide Section 3:
defining names and tables
- strtcpsvr *smtp
- strsbs qsnads
- Make sure that your AS/400 is protected through
appropriate spam filters
- To verify the mail capabilities of your AS/400,
If your message is not received, send again the SNDDST message after
replacing character @ with character § in your email
address (parameter TOINTNET).
- sign on with a user profile existing in the
system directory (WRKDIRE)
- enter the following command:
SNDDST TYPE(*LMSG) TOINTNET(('my_email_address')) DSTD('Test message')
LONGMSG('This is the body of the message that should be received.')
PTY(*HIGH) SUBJECT('Testing my AS/400 mail capabilities')
- Download and install our MIME & Mail Utility.
This utility, instead of using SNDDST, takes full advantage
of the powerful QtmSendMail API. The utility allows
to create and send MIME (Multipurpose Internet Mail
Extensions) messages imbedding / attaching any type of
It includes all sources and is free.
It features a service program, that easiest the job
of developing your ILE-RPG programs for sending automated
mail to your customers.